LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote panel connection refused by specified server: Make sure LabVIEW Web Server is enabled on specified server

Hi all, before I get to the issue, let me explain briefly on the project.
I'm new to this and don't have any electrical and electronic background. Currently I'm working on a project to do maintenance on the tremor/seismic monitoring system, there are total of 147 monitoring stations and almost 80% of them are using the CompactRIO system (we have cRIO-9012, 9053 and 9073). All these system were installed by previous contractor, and this is the first time we come across NI system, so we have no idea on how to troubleshoot it when we encountered the issues. 

For our work, what we normally do is using either the Labview 8.6.1 or Labview2019 to connect to the CRIO. Basically we just need to key in the IP address and vi name given by our client and we will be able to connect.

Pic 1 is how the system looks like when we managed to connect it with the Labview Front Panel. Among the 100 over monitoring stations, there were more than 10 stations where we did not manage to connect with the Front Panel due to the issue mentioned in the above subject. 

Can refer to Screenshot 365 & 366 for the issue.

Can someone tell me how do I approach this issue? Really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(944 Views)

Hi all, before I get to the issue, let me explain briefly on the project.
I'm new to this and don't have any electrical and electronic background. Currently I'm working on a project to do maintenance on the tremor/seismic monitoring system, there are total of 147 monitoring stations and almost 80% of them are using the CompactRIO system (we have cRIO-9012, 9053 and 9073). All these system were installed by previous contractor, and this is the first time we come across NI system, so we have no idea on how to troubleshoot it when we encountered the issues. 

For our work, what we normally do is using either the Labview 8.6.1 or Labview2019 to connect to the CRIO. Basically we just need to key in the IP address and vi name given by our client and we will be able to connect.

Pic 1 is how the system looks like when we managed to connect it with the Labview Front Panel. Among the 100 over monitoring stations, there were more than 10 stations where we did not manage to connect with the Front Panel due to the issue mentioned in the above subject. 

Can refer to Screenshot 365 & 366 for the issue.

Can someone tell me how do I approach this issue? Really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(954 Views)

If you are facing issue for remote panel connection check this below link

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvhowto/enabling_and_configuring_t/

CLD Using LabVIEW since 2013
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(953 Views)

You appear to have a fairly sophisticated system created by "someone else", presumably using LabVIEW.  As you are "new to this and don't have any electrical and electronic background" (but don't say anything about your experience with LabVIEW), what you really need is an "on-site LabVIEW expert", someone with at least 3-5 years working with LabVIEW.  Note that this assumes that you have the LabVIEW code for this system.

It is also a concern that you are using (both?) LabVIEW 8.6 and LabVIEW 2019.  LabVIEW is pretty good about compatibility between versions, but more than a decade is quite a reach!  Getting all of the systems to run the same version (and I'd strongly recommend LabVIEW 2019, as all of the code should be good for at least another 3-5 years).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(939 Views)