From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote debugging and file paths in executible

Looking for clarification about file paths when remote debugging a LabVIEW exe.

When I connect remotely and select a file control, I see the file system from where I am running the development environment.  This is not a problem since I can specify the target file by an absolute network path.  

What I am not able to determine is the location of other programmaticly loaded files.  For example, I have some library function calls that specify .dll files by an absolute path.  How do I know which machine is the source of the .dll files when they are loaded after the debugger connects?  

Ideally I would make sure the dll is loaded before launching the debugger but the VIs I am having trouble with are the ones using the dll so I need them to load with the debugger connected.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,771 Views)

The paths should be relative to (or absolute to, but that's not really a phrase - hopefully understandable at least) the target on which the exe is executed.

You can check this by moving/removing the dlls at the same path on your development computer - it should make no difference.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,746 Views)