From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Panel of VI template

Solved!
Go to solution

My application launches a VI template instance dynamically, and I wish to have Remote Panel access to each of these templates. How shall I create Remote Panel HTML page for each instance on the fly? Or is there any way by which I can access by template instance in Remote? My application is in LV 8.2.1 and I need this in EXE application.

Thanks,
Priyadarsini

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,449 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,438 Views)
Thanks for your reply. I have achieved publishing instances of template VI by dynamically creating HTML page whenever a new instance is launched. Initially I was a little confused on how to publish a VI template instance instead of the template itself. Now this can be done by creating/deleting HTML files dynamically as and when a new instance is launched/closed.

Thanks,
Priyadarsini
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,378 Views)
Hi all,

With regard to my previous message, the programmatic creation of HTML file and linking of the instance VI seemed to be working in LV 8.2.1. But now when I tried it again, I either get the error 'Remote panel server failed to send requested VI' or the browser's 'The link seems to be broken error'. But the same method of dynamic linking worked in LV 8.6. The example attached by muks is also in LV 8.6.
When I checked the new feature list of 8.6, I found that there is an option called scripting in Webserver. Not sure if this is why the templates are supported in Remote Panel.
To see this behavior more clearly I've created a sample application which launches an instance of a template VI. There is a html file in the data folder pointing to this dynamically launched instance. This will connect to the VI in 8.6 but not in 8.2. I have attached the applications. To make them work please search the 'Specify Path' text and replace with the corresponding data folder path in 'Application.ini' for 8.2 and 'niwebserver.conf' for 8.6.

Is there any workaround for my application to work, other than upgrading to 8.6?

Thanks,
Priyadarsini
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,314 Views)

Here are the attachments.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,313 Views)
After launching the application, please type "http://computername:86/Instance1.html" in the web browser

Please ignore the previous attachments. There is a small issue in it. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Priyadarsini
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,309 Views)
First unmark the solution to this post . It will get a very less hit if a thread has a accepted solution marked...
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,307 Views)
I have tried unmarking but keep getting this error 'Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.' I am currenlty logged in to the forum and have tried reloading and going back to the page. But not working.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,279 Views)
Have you logged in as well as signed in?
Message 9 of 11
(3,274 Views)
you are right. I was not signed in earlier. Now i have unmarked the solution.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,270 Views)