LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Front Panel Centralized

Hello,

I have different dedicated PC (8) that control dedicated experiment. I can monitor and control them using remote front panel troutgh a browser web page. Now I'd like to Centralized the web servers.

Is it possible to publish (or manually  move&edit ) *.html generated by labview remote front panel in another LabVIEW web server of a Machine ( running LabVIEW 8.2)?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,463 Views)
Yes, you can move it over to any computer you want, as long as the new computer has a license for using the remote panels. 

The professional version of labview comes with a license to allow 5  remote panel connections (assuming LV development environment is installed on the centralized server) otherwise you will need to purchase more licenses: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/11017

Just a note, remote panel licenses are not cumlative, so you cant buy (2) 50 licenses to allow 100 people to connect.

If you create a .exe for running on the server, you will just need to include the .html file, and make sure to copy it to the correct folder you have specified (the default is the LabVIEW 8.*\www\ folder).
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,447 Views)
Thanks for your quick reply,

I searched in the web for a guide about move .html in different pc, but i didn't find something interesting.

I think I  have to modify html code for pointing embedded object to VI on "experiment Pc", but i don't know what modify.

Do Someone have a procedure for configure the LabVIEW web server of "server Pc" where I'll publish all my html of "experiment Pc"?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,431 Views)
You need to copy over the .html file to the computer that will be your server (in the www folder).  Copy over the .exe and/or .vi's, making sure they are in the correct folders (normally the SAME folder that they were in on the development pc).

You will also need to change the link that points to the remote machine.

Instead of : http://my_pc/my_program_My Computer_interface 3.html

Change it to: http://server/my_program_My Computer_interface 3.html

Run the .exe/vi and it should work now.

Let me know if you have problems.

As far as for the web server on the server computer, does the server computer have the development environment, or just the run time??  If you have the dev environment, you can change the webserver settings as you normally would, via the options.  If it is just the run-time, I believe that you have to change it progmatically using property/invoke nodes in your program (I could be wrongSmiley Indifferent).  The main reason to change any webserver settings are when you need to change who has access to the program, want to change the port, or want to stop it, otherwise normally (in my opinion) you just leave it alone.

Message Edited by Kenny K on 09-26-2007 07:34 AM

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,425 Views)
Thanks for your quick reply again,

Wasn't too difficult to implement

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,416 Views)