cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote FPGA compilation on Linux machine

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I try to use the compile worker on a Linux based architecture (RHEL) with a Windows-7 development PC (Labview 2014). It works if both machines are on a private network but not on a domain managed network with more strict firewall rules.

What are the firewall settings to use on Windows to allow connection between compile worker and compile server ?

(By the way: the compile server seem's not to exists for Linux. Is it right ?)

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,963 Views)

For windows firewall you should just need to make sure port 3582 isn't blocked.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8473FD1983400E3F8625710D0055EB85

What do you mean about the compile server not existing for Linux though?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,931 Views)

Thanks for your help.

I have already created a firewall rule (on the Windows PC) to open the port TCP/3582 for any program but without succes...

After installing the "Xilinx Compilation Tools for Linux version 14" on the Linux PC, only the compile worker is available. Then, it has to connect to a compile server which seems not installed locally (perhaps another Labview module is needed ?).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,912 Views)

Hey jjolly,

The Compile Server is only available for Windows. Please check out the Knowledge Base article here: Setting up a Linux-based FPGA Compile Worker for a more detailed view of the requirements and overall architecture.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,889 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jjoly

You are right.! There is no Linux compile server... So I have to use also a Windows server Smiley Frustrated

For information I could connect the PC's by opening the port TCP/3580 (instead of 3582).

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,874 Views)

Since your development machine has to run Windows, I would recommend installing the compile server there. Another option would be to set up a virtual machine on your Linux box.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,863 Views)