From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remap PCI-DIO-96 register space

WindowsXP SP3, Labview 7.1, NI-DAQ 7.4.4, (2) PCI-DIO-96 cards

I have an app that requires direct access the 82C55 registers on the cards.  Previously used the ISA version of the cards which mapped the registers (via switches/jumpers on the board) into low address space (0x180 & 0x2A0).  The new PCI cards are mapped by the OS into D000 & F000.  I do not seem to be able to access the registers at these base addresses.  From reading some of the posts on various forums, it sounds like I need to remap the registers into low address space by writing a new base address into one of the MITE ASIC registers.  Is this correct, and if so, is there a way to do this from inside LabView using the TDAQ/LabView VIs?

TIA

Charlie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,082 Views)

Charlie,

Thank you for visiting the discussion forums. It definitly sound like you are on the right track.  I found a Knowledgebase Article that deals with this exact issue.  This article uses a .dll to access the hardware, you should be able to use that .dll in LabVIEW to call all of those function.  Here is an article on how to do that.  I hope this helps in your application.

Regards,

Brian P.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,058 Views)