From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relay Count with Switch Executive

Hello,

Using LabVIEW 2012 SP1, we have a class for our Switch devices.  For NI Switches, we use the Switch Executive VIs (not the NI Switch VIs).  I've been trying to find a way to get the relay count via the Switch Executive VIs without success.  In NI-Switch, there is a direct VI call to get the count for the relay, but I can't find it in Switch Executive VIs.  Is there a way to get the count from the NISE Session reference I have?  I've tried some various property nodes in the Switch Executive palatte, but all result in broken wires if connected to the NISE session wire.  

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,570 Views)

Hello,

First, I want to make sure we are on the same page. If by relay count you mean how many times it has been switched (for relay life concerns), it cannot be done. I still tried to look for a workaround using the Switch Executive VIs but unfortunately, I didn't find any. As Switch Executive is a higher level tool, some functionality can only be obtained through the NI-Switch VIs.

In case you are interested, this example shows how the get the relay count using NI-Switch. The example is a little old, but it is still fully functional with the latest labview and driver versions.

Edit:

Thinking a little bit more about it, a possible workaround would be precisely opening an NI-Switch session just to get the relay count reading.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,525 Views)

Thanks.  Yes, looking for the number of times the switch has been activated for maintenance purposes.  I wanted something inside our driver that could do it when we open the session.  Will need to look for a work around like you suggested...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,508 Views)