cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relation between X-scale multiplier, Chart history length with loop delay

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Sir,

I want to know the relation between X-Scale parameters like X-scale multiplier and chart history length.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,255 Views)

You need to be more specific with your question. What exactly are you trying to do and why do you need to know about this?

From LabVIEW Help: for a waveform chart, the offset and multiplier are used to specify the value of a scale marker and to display the marker in a convenient manner.For example, if you want the scale to display in milliseconds starting at a reference time, set Offset to the reference time and Multiplier to 0.001. If you change Offset, the scale no longer uses 0 as the origin of the plot. The relation between the multilplier and the chart history length depends on what you are displaying on the chart itself.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,246 Views)

The chart history determines how many x-axis points are kept in the history buffer.

The x-scale multiplier determines the increment between points.

They are independent, so there is no "relation". 😉

Message 3 of 5
(4,242 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pbpatel

Thanx for reply,

I want to know multiplier. My loop is running at 10ms rate and i want to display chart, lenth of 1 hr on screen.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,234 Views)

The multiplier just sets the scale, which is just cosmetic. You should set the multiplier to 0.01 if you want to display the x-axis in units of seconds.

As mentioned, the history lenght determines how many points are kept in history, so in order to display 1 hour worth of data at 10ms increments, the history length needs to be at least 100x60x60=360000. (Of course you can also set it longer but still only display 1 hour worth).

Message 5 of 5
(4,230 Views)