From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reint numeric control to default?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm VERY new to LabVIEW and have been tasked with thinks much beyond my skill level. I'm sure this is an easy fix, but I'm at a loss.

I have a numeric control that the user changes. The value from the numeric control is then summed with a reading from a strain gauge. I need to find a way to send the numeric control back to its default value. I read something on the forums about using an Invoke Node, but I haven't the slightest idea how to set it up.

Thank you so much, in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,571 Views)

@Matub wrote:

I'm VERY new to LabVIEW and have been tasked with thinks much beyond my skill level. I'm sure this is an easy fix, but I'm at a loss.

I have a numeric control that the user changes. The value from the numeric control is then summed with a reading from a strain gauge. I need to find a way to send the numeric control back to its default value. I read something on the forums about using an Invoke Node, but I haven't the slightest idea how to set it up.

Thank you so much, in advance.

Right-click the terminal fo rthat control and choose create >>> Invoke node >>> Reinit to default (or something that sounds like that).

Drop it in the diagram where you wan tto do the re-init.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 6
(2,568 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matub

Thank you so much, I spent hours trying to use loops and conditions. I didn't know where to put it within my program. One of the loops ended up lagging the program to the point where the display was about 5 seconds behind the data.

You guys are life savers!

Here's a pick of the node implimented. I used a button set to "latch when pressed".

reint_fix.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,560 Views)

@Matub wrote:

Thank you so much, ... 

You guys are life savers!

Thank you but no we are just volunteers that don't like to see others suffer.

Stick with us long enough and I'm sure you will find a way to "pay it forward".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,557 Views)

Myself and a few others in my team are signed up to go through Core 1 and 2 the week after next. Hopefully the next time I log in here I'll be back to help someone.

Message 5 of 6
(2,553 Views)

That is what this place is all about but be careful it can be addicting Smiley Wink.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,541 Views)