LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstalling Labview on a Different Computer

I need to reinstall labview on a different computer.  If I reload from DVD how to I get all of the latest updates? My NI support is expired now.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,453 Views)

The NI Update Service program will run automatically and inform you of available updates for download.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,447 Views)

Hmm.  If your Support has expired, what about your License?  Does it permit you to install LabVIEW on "a different computer"?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,404 Views)

@Jokool wrote:

I need to reinstall labview on a different computer.  If I reload from DVD how to I get all of the latest updates? My NI support is expired now.

if you have an active LabVIEW license then do the following steps.

1. Go to Ni license manager and select display computer information, you will get your computer ID

2. copy the computer name and its ID and also the LabVIEW license

3. Drop a mail to support.india@ni.com requesting for change of license for your pc mentiong all the above details.

you will get the detailed help on how to go further with your installation.

Hope this helps 

Kudos Welcome 🙂

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev_rgb (1).jpg

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,383 Views)

You're making a pretty large assumption they live in India.  If they don't, they won't want to be sending any email to that address.  Beyond that, what do any of those steps do for them?  You're looking at activation questions.  That has nothing to do with updates.

If they have an active license, they can install.  They can use the same NI License Manager to activate.  They can wait until the Update Service brings up any updates.  They can install them.

There's no need to do any of what you suggested.  They'd be wasting their time and some poor AEs time trying to explain the guy on the forum really didn't understand how updates work.  (That, and it's a bit silly to install something to get access to all of the software you suggest they use and THEN call and ask how to install).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,371 Views)

@natasftw wrote:

You're making a pretty large assumption they live in India.  If they don't, they won't want to be sending any email to that address.  Beyond that, what do any of those steps do for them?  You're looking at activation questions.  That has nothing to do with updates.

If they have an active license, they can install.  They can use the same NI License Manager to activate.  They can wait until the Update Service brings up any updates.  They can install them.

There's no need to do any of what you suggested.  They'd be wasting their time and some poor AEs time trying to explain the guy on the forum really didn't understand how updates work.  (That, and it's a bit silly to install something to get access to all of the software you suggest they use and THEN call and ask how to install).

what you said is right. since i had many tabs open instead of addressing to a persons query i have posted here.....sorry guys for the wrong post.....dnt mistake 

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,360 Views)