From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding installation of NI myrio 2016

I want to install Labview myRIO 2016 toolkit. Anyone having the link. Kindly reply

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,171 Views)

Have you heard of Google?  Search for "LabVIEW myRIO Software Bundle", which should provide the link you need.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,145 Views)

Hey,

My hardware myrio  is compatible with labview 2016. Can I make it compatible with higher version of Labview like 2017, 2018, 2019?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,169 Views)

Hey,

My labview myRio hardware is compatible with Labview 2016. Can I make it compatible with higher version of labview i.e. labview 2017, 2018 and 2019? and how?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,175 Views)

Hi,

What model is the myRIO? You can use this tool - Software Support for NI ELVIS, myRIO, and myDAQ - NI to find LabVIEW compatibility. 

Many Thanks, 

Riley 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,144 Views)

Is there a reason you made a new thread? 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Regarding-installation-of-NI-myrio-2016/td-p/4191128

Yes the myRIO can work on newer versions of LabVIEW.  If you have the Real-time and FPGA module it shows up like any other NI device in MAX.  I've never had access to the myRIO software bundle so I can't say how well that works but there are more modern releases that you were told about in that thread.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview-myrio-software-bundle....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,139 Views)

I've been working on a significant LabVIEW Real-Time Project that uses the myRIO as the "RT Engine".  The most recent version of the myRIO Software Toolkit is for LabVIEW 2019, and without this Toolkit, developing a LabVIEW Real-Time Project using the myRIO is extremely challenging (my "solution" is to stick with LabVIEW 2019).

I have raised the issue of the missing Toolkit with NI, and have been assured that the myRIO Software Toolkit 2021 is "in development", with release expected within a month or so.

I remember posting a link "somewhere" (yesterday, I think) that shows where to find (most of the) myRIO Software Toolkits up to LabVIEW 2019.  Oops, no, what I said was "Have you heard of Google?  Search for "LabVIEW myRIO Software Bundle", which should provide the link you need."

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,133 Views)

For LabVIEW Real-Time systems (which includes the myRIO), my experience is that you need to run the same version of LabVIEW on both Host and Target.  For example, I'm running LabVIEW 2019 (32-bit) on my Host.  When I get a myRIO, I connect it to MAX and examine its Software and Firmware.  I generally update the Firmware first (if necessary), then make sure the Drivers are compatible, reinstalling them if necessary.

While you can develop a LabVIEW RT Project for, say, LabVIEW 2016 and LabVIEW 2019, I don't believe you can deploy the LabVIEW RT code to the same myRIO, but rather should deploy it to a myRIO whose software uses the same LabVIEW Version as the code running on the PC side of the LabVIEW Project.  [I might be wrong about this, but in my limited experience, this has always been true].

One caveat, of course, is that there are, as yet, no myRIO drivers since those released for LabVIEW 2019.  My understanding is that a LabVIEW myRIO Software Toolkit 2021 is in development, and might be released sometime this winter.  I have not heard about plans to release a Toolkit for LabVIEW 2020 ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,108 Views)

Thankew so much

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,071 Views)