cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Hiding the controls and indicators

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have created a case structure with 3 cases where the decision of the case selector is getting from the .ini file. Here are those 3 cases 

Case 1(default):  get info of device type 1 

Case 2: get info of device type 2

Case 3:  error if the specified key is not found in the .ini file 

The controls and indicators of the Case 1 and Case 2 are different. So how to hide those Case 2 controls and indicators while running Case 1 and vice versa. 

I have tried with property node "Visible" but it didn't run as expected (those are disabled even after the VI is stopped so that for the next run it is not displaying those disabled controls and indicators) or I might have not implemented it correctly. Is there any way to display only those required controls and indicators and also should be working the same on the test stand? 

Thanks in advance,

Prats

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,093 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ugg88

If you need them visible again, make them visible again.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,088 Views)

oh okay, Thank you, @Proven Zealot

So we need to reset the controls and indicators to a visible state at the end of each test. Is there any way we can do the same thing from test stand. Like disabling the called VI Controler and indications 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,063 Views)

So you are calling this VI from TestStand?  You can still handle these things inside your VI.  No need to do it from TestStand.  If you've already implemented this in LabVIEW, then you don't really have to change anything to make it work with TestStand.  Of course, if you still need help, just give us a shout!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,025 Views)

@Proven Zealot,

yes, I'm actually doing that process in LabVIEW. But just what to know whether we can do that same in teststand and if so, how to hide the inputs and outputs from teststand. 

Regards,

Prats

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(989 Views)

My apologies, I see what you are trying to do.  I don't know if that is possible, but I'm not very good with TestStand, so hopefully someone here will know.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(972 Views)

I know that you already marked a solution, but I just wanted to let you know that you can also use a Tab Control and use one page for the controls of each case. It may reduce the number of property nodes needed. You can control tabbing programmatically according to the case and hide the tabs from the user with the property node Page Selector Visible. If you do hide them there's no way to do so only during runtime, so in my state machines I set the property node to false in the INIT state and back to true at QUIT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you can not measure it, you can not improve it.
- Lord Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(936 Views)