LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Event Callback Sources not populating

I have the base Labview package and I'm working with a few people that have the full and professional versions.  It is my belief that my .NET calls should work with the base package too.

I am having problems with the Event Source populating from the code below.  Nobody else is having the same issue and I was wondering what could be causing this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,462 Views)

Do you have a different version of .NET, one which would not support those callbacks?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,458 Views)

We all have .NET 3.5 framework installed...that is what we've decided is needed for this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,454 Views)

I'm not sure why we have different versions and how I get to their version.  I spent all afternoon looking on Microsoft's website and installing different .NET framework updates, but with no success.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,446 Views)

Oops.  The above text was supposed to list the versions. 

I have CLR 2.0.50727.4984.

My coworkers have CLR 2.0.50727.5466.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,445 Views)

So I figured this out.  The DLL linking behind the scenes wasn't working properly because I wasn't provided with all the DLLs that the DLL called (groan).

To debug, I used Dbgview.  This showed me the exceptions that were being thrown by Labview when trying to link.

I also had a problem that my DLL's events were not populating in the base version of Labview.  One of my coworkers actually contacted NI about this and whomever he talked to said that the .NET events would work in base, full, or professional.  Since this wasn't working, I tried using the full version of Labview instead of base.  Then the events worked fine so I'm not sure if base does support .NET events.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,415 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using ?

Is it only from 2012, that the event structure is in the Base packet. This could be releated if you are using an older version of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,407 Views)