From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference to a Slide not working

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a subvi in my project that I use to rearrange a table and export the data into an Excel file, I wanted to add a Progress Bar in my main vi to understand if my subvi is actually working or not and to do this I'm sending as an input a reference to a Slide Control.

When I call the subvi and the table I want to export has like 20 or 30 rows it works just fine but if the table has something like 30 or more rows the reference to the Slide Control stop working and I get an Error Code 1055.

When I try to debug this I see from the probe that the main vi sends the right reference, inside the subvi the reference is null.

Why is this happening? What should I do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,123 Views)

Hi Zeno,

what about attaching your code (or a stripped-down example) to demonstrate the problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,109 Views)

Ok, I attach the vi that's not working, if the "DataExportMeasure" Matrix has like 40 or more rows the slide refnum "Slide Refnum" doesn't work and gives an error code 1055, if the "DataExportMeasure" has like 20-30 rows instead the whole subvi works...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,100 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zenomancer

Found the solution, the subvi I was using was called in another part of the main vi that I didn't know.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,067 Views)