LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Becomes Null/0 When using in Cluster

Hello All,

I am Developing a driver for Configuration File,

I am Passing the Ref of the of the path after Opening the path in a Cluster to different states using **bleep** Register (using Single Run VI)

The Reference becomes null When calling second Time for a Different State

Same works fine if i am passing my Reference in a Shift Register without passing to Cluster

Whats the difference it will create when passing a reference in a Shift register using With Cluster and Without Cluster

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,370 Views)

@PalanivelThiruvenkadam wrote:

using **bleep** Register (using Single Run VI)

A **bleep** Register will never work.

But seriously, can you post a demonstration VI or at least a screen shot? The reference should not be closed automatically if you bundle it.

Oh, and I hope you know there is a build-in API for Configuration Files?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,340 Views)

typo (bleep)... Shift register

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,336 Views)