From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Becomes Null/0 When using in Cluster

Hello All,

I am Developing a driver for Configuration File,

I am Passing the Ref of the of the path after Opening the path in a Cluster to different states using **bleep** Register (using Single Run VI)

The Reference becomes null When calling second Time for a Different State

Same works fine if i am passing my Reference in a Shift Register without passing to Cluster

Whats the difference it will create when passing a reference in a Shift register using With Cluster and Without Cluster

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,383 Views)

@PalanivelThiruvenkadam wrote:

using **bleep** Register (using Single Run VI)

A **bleep** Register will never work.

But seriously, can you post a demonstration VI or at least a screen shot? The reference should not be closed automatically if you bundle it.

Oh, and I hope you know there is a build-in API for Configuration Files?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,353 Views)

typo (bleep)... Shift register

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,349 Views)