cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer to current tab programatically when using tab control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm a bit of a n00b.

Say I have 10 arrays of data and I want to plot these 10 arrays on 10 separate graphs.  I don't want to clutter up my screen so I made a tab control, with one tab for the plot of each data array.  But I don't want to plot them all at once, I want each plot to have its own "plot data" button so that the user can customize the plot options for each one.

I could do this with 10 separate pieces of code with 10 different buttons, but as I said I hate clutter, so I'd prefer to put this all into a case-structure whereby according to whichever tab the user has currently selected, when they press the one "plot data" button, labview gets the appropriate data and plots it accordingly.

Now I know the tabs are indexed and I can refer at any time to any given page using Property Node --> Pages, but I need a way to grab the index of the page currently selected.  Once I have that, I know how to do the rest.  

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Jessie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,749 Views)

If you want the currently selected tab, just read the terminal value. Don't use the property node or a local value when you don't have to.

Here's one possible simple solution. I used a constant for the data since I did not know how you were acquiring it. Modity as needed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,740 Views)
Oops! I'm on 8.2 so I can't view your example--I probably should have mentioned that.  What do you mean "read the terminal value"? 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,734 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author grae313

It's exactly what it sounds like, there is a terminal on the block diagram that represents the tab. On the front panel, right click and select 'Find Terminal'.

Here's 8.0 code.

Message 4 of 5
(2,732 Views)
Gosh, that was easy 🙂  Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,728 Views)