LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ref to member of FP cluster (NXG)

Solved!
Go to solution

I try to find a way to access single member of a cluster located in FP. It is simple in conventional LabVIEW but NXG puzzles me.

This is conventional LabVIEW code:

UpdateComboInCluster.png

Is there something similar in NXG?

Thank you

(2,896 Views)

I'm assuming the answer to this is that it's not possible yet but by chance did you find a way to do this in NXG?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,574 Views)

Unfortunately I have no answer.

(2,547 Views)

Hi _Y_,

I was not able open your snippet for some reason, so I was not able to see the cluster that you want to access. However, you can access cluster members using properties nodes. See the attached example of accessing one and adding it to a Combo box. 

Cluster Properties.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,514 Views)

Thank you for reply, fblerg,

Your solution accesses value via property node. I cannot find a way to access other properties.

(2,500 Views)

What are the other properties that you need to access? Could you post an example VI? 

The exposed properties have changed somewhat in NXG. If there is something missing that you need, it would be great to know what is missing. 

Thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,484 Views)

Not to hijack this board but I think Y wants something similar to myself. I was trying to find a way to change the labels of the individual cluster elements like this:

Cluster Reference Problem.png

The reason I want to do it this way is because I want to dynamically create gtype clusters in NXG and then change the labels for each element in the cluster. I know you can change the Label text of the cluster in NXG like this:

Snippet.png

But there isn't an option the properties to get the cluster elements' references:

2019-07-31_11-55-42.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,467 Views)

Thanks for the detailed example stillwaiting255. That makes your use case every clear. Let me do some digging if there is a way to get a reference to individual cluster elements. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,446 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _Y_

Hi stillwaiting255,

I did some research and there is currently not a method to get a reference to cluster member to rename their labels. As for a workaround, you could consider using Variants, and getting/setting attributes. 

The NXG team is aware of this gap, and is working to evaluate and prioritizing it on their feature backlog. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,408 Views)