LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redhat driver for Compact RIO

I'm moving a project from Windows 7 to Redhat 7.  When I went to open the project in Redhat I get the following error:

Error: Missing NI Module, Toolkit, or Driver

NI CompactRIO Driver support for LabVIEW 2017 is missing and is referenced

NI R Series Multifunction RIO Driver support for LabVIEW 2017 is missing and is referenced

I started by trying to resolve the NI CompactRIO Driver issue, but when I tried to find the correct driver for Redhat, all I could find was the NI-RIO-17.0.0-Linux.iso.  After installing it successfully, I still get the same warning, which made me think that it wasn't the correct driver.  I saw that there is actually a driver named NI-CompactRIO for Windows.  Does this driver exist for Redhat?

Also, I haven't had much luck finding a Linux NI R Series Multifunction RIO driver. The one I have found that says Linux, links to a .exe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,106 Views)

From a question I asked earlier, I explored someone's solution, and found this document, which says:

It is not currently possible to program FPGA bitfiles for NI FPGA-based devices from the LabVIEW development on Linux.

I guess that answers my question.  I have to do all development on Windows, and then run on Linux.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,089 Views)

That document is not for compactRIO.  But you are correct, development happens in Windows.

I would check that the communications from the cRIO are supported in Linux; e.g. TCP should be supported but maybe Network Shared Variables are not (check first).

FYI, the newer cRIOs are running real-time linux http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14627/en/

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,074 Views)