LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red lines on block diagram when scrolling

Hi,

I have been having a problem with a specific vi. When I first open the file, there is a red border around the block diagram.

Then when I scroll, red vertical or horizontal lines appear, depending on which way I scroll. If I minimize the window or switch to front panel and back, they will revert to the single red border that appears when I first open the file. Also, I can "erase" them by dragging the tools palatte window around the screen. Although any window in front of the block diagram will do it.  

Is this an indication that the vi was corrupted or is there perhaps some setting that would cause this?

I'm running LV9 on XP.

Thanks in advance,

Melanie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,707 Views)

Dear Melanie,

I the red outline on the block diagram is occurring because you have accidentally put a breakpoint around your entire VI. I found a knowledge base article that spells out how to fix it. The link is

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/113422F9F1F73A8A8625670D00547B7C?OpenDocument The title of the article is: "What Does a Red Outline around My LabVIEW Block Diagram Mean?" and can be fond by searching on ni.com. I hope that this helps.

Perry S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,678 Views)

Perry,

Thanks so much, that did the trick. I had searched the database several times for "red lines", so I missed the article.

Thanks again!

Melanie

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,652 Views)