cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Serial # from Downed Computer

Solved!
Go to solution

Howdy,

One of our machines crashed recently, and I have been attempting to rebuild it. I was able to recover the hard drive, however I need the serial number that the computer was using for LabView so that I can reinstall it.

When browsing through the old program files all that I can find is the license files (Shared\License Manager\Licenses), but I can't find a serial number.

I've tried running nlimUtil from \Shared\License Manager\Bin, but it says it is missing a Helpasst.DLL and that I must reinstall the software.

For which I need the serial.

Is there a way to recover the serial from here? Or use these license files to install/activate LabView when I reinstall it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,952 Views)

National Instruments is very helpful with these types of issues if you if you call customer support or contact your sales representative.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,948 Views)
You cannot recover the serial numeric when the system is crashed .use the second option as u have mentioned .
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,943 Views)

@SteveChandler wrote:

National Instruments is very helpful with these types of issues if you if you call customer support or contact your sales representative.

Worst case scenario- NI will look up the LabVIEW serial (if you have the media you can save this step) internally transfer the license from dead machine to new machine and provide you with an activation code.  Gotta love that great NI customer service!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,927 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author macilath

Definitely give us a call. The number is 1-866-ASK-MYNI (1-866-275-6964). One of us will be happy to get you going. We love those easy support calls!

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 5 of 7
(2,899 Views)

@JtotheB wrote:

Definitely give us a call. The number is 1-866-ASK-MYNI (1-866-275-6964). One of us will be happy to get you going. We love those easy support calls!

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

<Set Kidding = good natured>

Usually the support people just make up a name and post to the forums for the tough ones.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 7
(2,897 Views)

Any opportunity to post Calvin and Hobbes is one I'll take. 🙂

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 7 of 7
(2,894 Views)