LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Waveform Chart as a Avi File

Is there anyone who knows how I can record my waveform chart as an avi file without using any other software other than Labview and its components?

Thankss

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,807 Views)

Hi there

NI-IMAQ will do the job. If you don't have that, you could search for a solution using DLLs, .NET or ActiveX (maybe DirectX can write .avi, but i don't know)

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,799 Views)

Thanks for the answer, I have installed IMAQ but nothing has changed in functions palette? What could be the problem?

Also how should I search a dll file for that, I am not that experienced with Labview.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,789 Views)

Take a look at the shot attached to check your function palettes.

I'm not sure if the IMAQ hardware driver brings the mentioned .avi VIs. Maybe you need IMAQ Vision.

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,780 Views)

Hello dimmib,

there is a example shipped with the VISION Aquisition Software in the example finder. It`s called:  "AVI Read Write With Data Example.vi" that is what you want but I think you did not have this additional Software package. Sorry, but there is no workaround for this issue.

Jan Kniewasser

Application Engineer

National Instruments (Germany) 

Jan Kniewasser | Applications Engineer | Tel.: +49 89 7413130 | Fax: +49 89 7146035

»
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,755 Views)

Hello Jan,

Thanks for your answer..

However, this is not exactly what I want. I just want to capture what I see on waveform chart and record it continuosly as an avi file?

Is t his possible without vision package?

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,733 Views)

Hello dimmib,

I think the best way to do this is to make a "screenvideo". In that case you can use any software you want from the web. There are a lot of free tools to capture a screenvideo and save to disk as avi. Without additional toolkits or VISION components I can`t see any chances to get the results you want. 

Best wishes,

Jan Kniewasser

Application Engineer

National Instruments (Germany) 

Jan Kniewasser | Applications Engineer | Tel.: +49 89 7413130 | Fax: +49 89 7146035

»
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,725 Views)