LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconstructing signal from FFT

Well, clear as mud i would say.

My biggest concern is: What do those 10 averaged values tell us?

Or to turn the question around: What is it what you are looking for? How should your resulting time signal look like?

What i see is:

40k Samples => FFT with 40k values => Average to a single scalar (sum/40k) => Build an array of 10 such averaged values => inverse FFT => ??????????????

So the time signal will result in something with 10 samples.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 11 of 12
(530 Views)

What i see is:

40k Samples => FFT with 40k values => Average to a single scalar (sum/40k) => Build an array of 10 such averaged values => inverse FFT => ??????????????

No Norbert it is not what i'm intending to do

i wanted 

40k Samples => FFT with 40k values => Collect 10 sets of such 40k samples => average them element wise so that finally i m left with 40k scalar values of which each element is a average of corresponding 10 elements => inverse fft

and i tried a little bit of coding and i m now successfully getting what i wanted. I just had to average out 10 stances of waveform graphs (of i second each)

Thank u all for responding

I am actually working on Fluid structure interactions, so i want to see how the pipe vibrates with respect to speed of fluid in it. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(521 Views)