From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended or Favorite JSON library in LabVIEW

Hi,

I'm looking at the 6 or so JSON libraries available for LabVIEW.  I would be interested in recommendations or personal experience with specific libraries.

I'm ok with LVOOP. 

My interests are in creating some data storage files that I can read, updated, write, and create new entries.  For example I want to track many of my PDF's based on subjects, titles, locations on hard drive, etc....   I realize there are other options for storing data, but I really want to use JSON for the experience.

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,652 Views)

Other than the native JSON functions in LabVIEW, I have also used the JKI's JSON library  from VIPM and really liked it because it writes the JSON strings with indentation and makes them easy to read using a text editor (instead of writing all the JSON in a single line).

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,558 Views)

I'll put my vote in for JSONtext by JDP Science.  I only used it on one project, but it worked extremely well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,528 Views)

Today I discovered a LabVIEW User Group called JSON Toolkit for LabVIEW which seems to use i3 JSON.

I'm not in the User Group, nor have I used the toolkit, but at least it looks like there's a user base that could support questions.

Y'know, to add some noise to this thread. 😁

-joeorbob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,510 Views)