From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recognizing characters ( OCR and more)

Hello to all.

First of all thanks a lot for reading this post and being able to help.

I am developing an application which has to recognize characters (numbers and letters).

The first think I do was to develop an OCR application (just find examples in Labview).

My questions are the next:

1) Is there another way or tool for recognizing characters?

2) To train OCR, can I train OCR with "OCR training interface", save a file with characters trained and then that user can modify that file in my developed application?

Thanks a lot to all.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,638 Views)

In addition to the Examples that come with LabVIEW, there are other examples/tutorials (which, possibly, are all "variations" on the same theme) on the Web -- just search for LabVIEW OCR.

If you have a specific question or need help with a particular piece of code, post it (please, as a VI, not as a picture) and ask your question.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,631 Views)

@A.Salcedo wrote:

My questions are the next:

1) Is there another way or tool for recognizing characters?

2) To train OCR, can I train OCR with "OCR training interface", save a file with characters trained and then that user can modify that file in my developed application?

-Yes Optical Character Recognition is meant to read characters and numbers based on the character set file which you train.

-You have to use OCR Training Interface to train the characters as reference which are used to read and identify during inspection.

-Couple other links to help you to understand more: Optical Character Recognition(OCR) https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281AC-01/TOC27.htm

and Identify Parts Under Inspection: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281AC-01/nivisionlvbasics/identify_parts_under_inspectio...

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,586 Views)