LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recertification for CLD

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the CLD recertification exam? I need to prepare and was wondering if any preparation material was available. I expect all that’s available is the preparation material for the full CLD exam. Or does the exam focus on what’s changed in the last 2 years?

TIA

-Martin
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,324 Views)

Martin,

The recertification exam is just a bunch of multiple choice questions, 40 if I remember correctly.  It does tend to focus on the newer versions of LabVIEW.  I missed a few questions because I don't use the templates provided by NI or LVOOP, which kind of iritated me.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,236 Views)

I just gave it. Its based on LabVIEW 2009. To prepare, I did the LV Core1,2,3 - quick brush up online. Also the sample exams are super useful. Definitely go over the sample exams well. If you have limited time to prepare - I'd recommend do the sample exams first - understand the concepts around it well, and given one uses LabVIEW periodically - it should be fine. No NXG or OOP in my exam. 

Good luck ! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,562 Views)

This is about as much as I can say without getting into trouble:

STUDY THOSE EXAMPLES!!!  THEY ARE VERY, VERY RELEVANT TO THE TEST!!!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,555 Views)

@Martin.D wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the CLD recertification exam? I need to prepare and was wondering if any preparation material was available. I expect all that’s available is the preparation material for the full CLD exam. Or does the exam focus on what’s changed in the last 2 years?

TIA

-Martin

Waitaminit.  Your Sig says you're a CLA.  Why do you need to take the CLD recert???

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,551 Views)

@billko wrote:

Waitaminit.  Your Sig says you're a CLA.  Why do you need to take the CLD recert???

Bill, you need to learn to look at the date of the post.  It was from almost 10 years ago.  It would not be a stretch that Martin.D got his CLA in that time frame.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 8
(2,545 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@billko wrote:

Bill, you need to learn to look at the date of the post.  It was from almost 10 years ago.  It would not be a stretch that Martin.D got his CLA in that time frame.

yep, Sambit tricked you by reviving a 10 years old post 😂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,535 Views)

LOL that's pretty funny.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,510 Views)