From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving analog signals for only 5 seconds and use the minimum maximum of them

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone.

Now I'm mearsuring analog signal from the strain sensor  using Arduino!
When I got the signal in real time, I found Min/Max Value and using values to mapping&scaling.
But sometimes, high value(noise) from unstable electrode. that caused the problem in mapping range.
So I just want to fix the Min/Max value without noise.

For example, I want to receive analog signals for only 5 seconds and use the minimum maximum of them. Not the min/max in real time.
How can i adjust the time or number of analog signal recived??
Using Another loop? or Is there the way to maintain the min/max value which set first 5 second?

123123123123.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,832 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jdb8673

Hi jdb,

do you know the sample rate of your data?

Then just collect "sample rate * 5 seconds" of data in an array and get min/max of that array!

Otherwise use a (while) loop to read samples and stop the loop using ElapsedTime set to "5s" to collect your sample array…

(Nice to see you finally created your scaling function! :D)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(1,821 Views)

Put the elements in an array, put the array in a shift register. If the array gets bigger than the nr. of elements, use Delete Array Elements to get the most recent nr. of elements. That will give you a point-by-point history of nr. of elements.

There's actually a build in function "Array Max & Min PtByPt.vi" (use Quick drop) that does this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,816 Views)

Hi Wiebe,

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

That will give you a point-by-point history of nr. of elements.

This basically is the same as the PtByPt-DataQueue!?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,811 Views)