From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving VIA VECTOR CANCASE_XL_Dividing the Received message into ID and DATA

Hello!

I need to make a project in which i will receive data by CAN and then based on the received data ( ID and DATA)  I need to send some CAN message in response.  

I am using Vector CANCASEXL with LABVIEW 2015. 

I really want to thank Mr. TroyK who have already put VIs for sending and receiving data by Vector CANCASEXL at:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/Vector-XL-Driver-LabVIEW-wrappers/ta-p/3524976

I have checked both of these VIs and they are working accurately at my end as well. But the Receive.VI shows combined CAN data . I need to get one CAN message at first and then separate the ID and the DATA from it. Based on each ID and first two bit of CAN DATA, i have to perform different actions.How can we separate ID and DATA (bits)  from the received CAN message? 

I am beginner on Labview. I would be very thankful if some give me one  example of doing so..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,274 Views)

Hi abkakar1,

It looks like you have a table that stores the ID and Data. A table is just a 2D array of strings, so you can use the Index Array function to access specific cells. You can then use a string conversion function to get a numeric if needed. You can also use the String Subset to return a subset of the chosen string. This should allow you to separate the ID and Data from the received CAN message.

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,226 Views)