LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving VIA VECTOR CANCASE_XL_Dividing the Received message into ID and DATA

Hello!

I need to make a project in which i will receive data by CAN and then based on the received data ( ID and DATA)  I need to send some CAN message in response.  

I am using Vector CANCASEXL with LABVIEW 2015. 

I really want to thank Mr. TroyK who have already put VIs for sending and receiving data by Vector CANCASEXL at:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/Vector-XL-Driver-LabVIEW-wrappers/ta-p/3524976

I have checked both of these VIs and they are working accurately at my end as well. But the Receive.VI shows combined CAN data . I need to get one CAN message at first and then separate the ID and the DATA from it. Based on each ID and first two bit of CAN DATA, i have to perform different actions.How can we separate ID and DATA (bits)  from the received CAN message? 

I am beginner on Labview. I would be very thankful if some give me one  example of doing so..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,276 Views)

Hi abkakar1,

It looks like you have a table that stores the ID and Data. A table is just a 2D array of strings, so you can use the Index Array function to access specific cells. You can then use a string conversion function to get a numeric if needed. You can also use the String Subset to return a subset of the chosen string. This should allow you to separate the ID and Data from the received CAN message.

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,228 Views)