LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving UDP Packets from another application.

Yes, please keep us updated. What are "other" receivers that work? Obviously they are aware of the special formatting of the data.

Can you point us to a website describing the sender? (NI also has a product with "MAX" in the name, so it helps to be very specific :))

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(926 Views)

Hello,

I am also not receiving information using Simple UDP - receiver example.

I am currently sending information to an ESP8266 on UDP using the Simple UDP - sender example. I know that the message arrives, because i have the ESP connected to the PC on the serial port and it sends confirmation on the serial monitor.

But the answer is not coming back to Simple UDP - receiver. 

If i use Packet sender, the packet sender sends and also receives the message from the ESP.

Labview Simple UDP receiver works if i only send information from the localhost to the localhost, but i need to send the information from the ESP8266.

I attached the sender VI, a picture with the Serial Monitor with the package arrival confirmation and a screen shot with the Packet sender. 

I do not use packet sender in the same time with labview to avoid conflict on port.

I also disabled the firewall.

I am using labview 2015 x86 and laptop with windows 10 and only wifi connected.

Any idea?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(903 Views)

Sigh.  You continue to feed us little dribbles and drabs of information, and then ask "Why doesn't this work?".  Here's what you should do:

• Gather all of the VIs, including any TypeDefs and Controls you define (.ctl files) and anything else that you think might be helpful for us to see, put them in a folder or set of nested folder.  If you are developing in the context of a LabVIEW Project (.lvproj file), then this is probably already done.
  • Put a copy of the device's manual in this folder for our reference.
  • Compress that file, resulting in a .ZIP file.
  • Attach the .ZIP file to your next post. 

The LabVIEW UDP VIs work correctly when "used as directed" (and when the Sender is sending meaningful data).  Your use of a third-party Packet Sender suggests that (a) your device might be sending meaningful packets, or (b) Packet Sender is smart enough to "interpret" what it gets so that it makes sense.  Something isn't working, we're not there to trouble-shoot, and I'm not sure we "know enough" from you to make meaningful guesses.

However, Altenbach has an uncanny way of sleuthing out the culprit even without much help from the Original Poster ...  [I'm not as talented, nor, I fear, as patient].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(885 Views)

Hi.

Thanks for helping.

I found the problem. I was sending information to ESP8266 and the ESP was replying on the same port that the information came from. But in LAbview UDP receiver i could not use the same port because, the port was used by the Labview UDP sender...

I changed the port in the EPS and in the Receiver and is working now.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(858 Views)