LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive error-1 at TCP/IP read - GPIB controller must be controller in charge

I have a stripped down version of Talk Module from the LV TCP/IP examples. All it does is execute one TCP/IP read of 512 bytes and reset the output error to no error if a timeout or close connection error occurs. I placed it in the main loop of my program so it executes one time each loop but I receive an Error 1 "GPIB controller must be controller in charge" when it runs. I then stop the program and get that same error from a different source before it exits. I know it works because I can set it up in a separate VI and it works fine. The program is controlling a GPIB power supply and a VXI chassis. Any ideas what could be causing the error? Thanks.

Jason
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,791 Views)
error one hs two meanings, depending on the context. in this case it is likely that the meaning is "invalid input parameter". have you connected all of the inputs?, and have you opened the connection first?. also, make sure you close the connection once you are done withit. Otherwise, you may have problems with a port still being inuse.

Hope this helps,

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,791 Views)
All the inputs are wired correctly and the connection is opened first. I am using hyperterminal on another computer to check out the connection. Sometimes after running the close connection VI, hyperterminal says the connection is still open. When the VI stops running, the connection is always lost and when the VI runs again, it seems to have no problem opening the connection on the same port. Thanks for the advice, I will check into it.

Jason
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,791 Views)
I have had this problem myself. I cant remember exactly what caused it, but i think i was trying to open two connections on the same local port.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,791 Views)