LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-time plot x&y-values via TCP socket connection

Hello community,

I'm quite new to LabView and hope you guys can help me out a bit.

My current project: 1 measuring device (red pitaya) running Linux and 1 Windows PC with LabView to visualize  acquired sensor data. At the  moment I'm sending measurement data in the string format "[x-value][space][y-value][\n]" via a C++ implemented server-client TCP connection from the Linux-device to Labview. There it deconstructs the string to plot the data with x-value as timestamps. It should plot around 10 graphs containing 512 datapoints per second. I'm able to plot the graphs, however it doesn't really work that well yet. For example the graph really flickers (i guess when deleting the plot history to plot new graph). And its really unstable and moves around which doesn't give a good picture..

My questions:

1) Is this approach ok in general or would you solve it differently?

2) How could I implement it that I just send the y-values and Labview plots the points with adding timestamps for each point by itself?

3) Is there another option for clearing the previous plot than how I did it in the VI? Ideally I would plot a full graph (more or less 512  points) and as soon as the next full graph is here, clear the first and make the next one appear that it looks as realtime as possible..

Thanks in advance for whatever advise you got for me!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,872 Views)