From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time data acquisition RS422

I want to develop an application, which consists of acquiring data from RS 422 port in real time, extract data from it, do some algorithm to it, display it and store the data in harddisk. All this I want to perform in 5 ms. I am using a Dual Core processor and Windows XP.

I wanted to perform the data acquisition of 5 such channels. Is it possible

Thanking you with regards

Abraham

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,528 Views)

Can you please describe what you define as "Real time" Do you want track all movements of snail. Or is your sensor located in the Cern cyclotron. Both may be tracked in "Real time" But the requirements concerning speed, and amount of data. Will be quite different.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,518 Views)

Hello,

Let me explain the problem, I am having a set of 18 bytes and 14 bytes of data which is multiplexed in a single RS-422 serial line every 50ms and 25ms respectively. I wnat to read the data (either 18 Bytes of 14 bytes), i want to seperate the body from the message bytes and apply some algorithm, display the value and save to hard disk. All this i want to complete in less than 25ms. This is what i meant by real time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,487 Views)