LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-Time and FPGA modules won't show up in package manager?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of problems I'm trying to troubleshoot, I'll detail them below with the attached pictures of my problems.

I'm currently trying to install both the 2018 FPGA and Real-Time modules on a fresh install of LabVIEW 2018 SP1.  Every time I run the install wizard, it claims that the install was a success but I can't find either module in the NI package manager. 

The strange part is that when I went into the labview software then help>LabVIEW, the symbols for both the FPGA and Real-Time modules shows up underneath the logo.  The FPGA symbol was there before I attempted to install any modules outside of the vanilla LabVIEW install but the Real-Time was not. 

I also need to install the cRIO 18.1 drivers, when I tried to do this, it said that the installer had insufficient privileges to access a directory.

Anyone had a similar problem?  I've had a search through the forum and I haven't found anything yet.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,352 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deere77

I have LabVIEW 2019 installed, with cRIO and LabVIEW RT modules that show up when I look at the installed software in MAX.  There are no specific "FPGA" entries, yet FPGA support is clearly there, as you admit your LabVIEW installation acts as though the FPGA code is present.

I looked inside C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2019, and there is a folder called FPGA.

So LabVIEW tells you that Real-Time is installed, FPGA is installed, the files are (probably) present in the National Instruments folder.  What's the (real) problem here?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,288 Views)
Solution

To be brief, the problem was my own inexperience.

I solved both of my issues earlier today.  The first problem was that the RT and FPGA modules were both installed but I was relying on package manager to verify whether they were actually present or not (this is how my supervisor informed me that I didn't have the 2018 FPGA and RT modules installed so I just assumed that's how you do it)

My second issue with the drivers was a windows administrator issue where I had to right-click on the driver autorun.exe, go into properties>compatibility tab and check the 'run as administrator' box.  Strange thing is that simply right clicking on the autorun.exe and selecting 'run as administrator' gave me the error message I posted.  I'm going to chalk that one up to an oddity of the work laptop I was given.

Thanks for your reply, hopefully this thread can help another LabVIEW novice in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,282 Views)
Solution

Another thing to check in NIPM is that, under the Installed tab, uncheck the "Products only" filter to show all visible packages.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,231 Views)