From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Laplace Transform Help Typo

The LV 2012 help for the Real Laplace Transform.vi is erroneous.

Her is what it says:

ScreenHunter_001.jpg

Basically, it shows the FFFT definition twice. The correct redaction is available online (for instance, see here).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,307 Views)

Hi X.

Thanks for providing us feedback on this issue, a CAR (368859) was created.

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
Message 2 of 3
(2,292 Views)

Taking a look at the new version:

ScreenHunter_002.jpg

I would suggest to rephrase the first sentence as "of a real signal x(t)".

I don't really understand the mathematical meaning of the sentence "The discrete version of the Laplace transform of a discretely and evenly-sampled signal is a generation of the above continuous version", but that is probably because "generalization" is meant instead. Note that if anything, it is certainly not a "generalization" but instead a crude approximation.

I think it would also be helpful to warn the user that the function is inefficently implemented and additionally will fail arbitrarily if you enter a "end" value larger than 100, as seen by a quick look at the diagram.

In short, I would recommend to stay clear from it and implement you own 🙂

This requires the Full Development System though, which means you are paying big money to have access to this brilliant piece of coding. Better hide it in a "proprietary" dll! Then we won't be able to take a peek at it and cast this kind of disparaging comments...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,207 Views)