LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Readjusting front panel window.

Double clicking on terminals in the block diagram switches to their counterparts on the front panel. Frequently this leads to an unwanted shift of the front panel, in particular if objects (such as error clusters, ...) are placed outside the visible region of the front panel. Readjustment usually requires several scrollbar actions. I wonder if there exists a simple method to readjust the front panel coordinate system with respect to the top left corner of the front panel using a simple click action.

I am presently using a workaround which does the job if the misplacement is top-left (see attachment).

Reimar Spohr
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,552 Views)

Reimar,

i see your point. But sadly, i don't know of any built-in mechanic serving you in this case.

But the good news:

You can write a tool using VI-Server which moves the frontpanel origin to the desired location (suggested: 0,0)

Spoiler
This requires the property "Origin" of the "pane" class. You can get a pane via the "panel" of the "vi".

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 5
(2,545 Views)

Reimar,

You can download and install Right-Click Framework for LabVIEW - JKI

There is a LabVIEW plugin to set Front Panel and Block Diagram origin setting.
Scroll to VI Zero Origin - Plugin Right-Click Framework for LabVIEW

-lvABC

Message 3 of 5
(2,539 Views)

add the attached vi to

'C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\project'   (or wherever you have LabVIEW installed)

and restart LabVIEW and it should show up in the Tools menu.  When you click on it, it will line set the origin to 0,0 in both the front panel and block diagram.  This was done in LV2011.

Randall Pursley
Message 4 of 5
(2,530 Views)

I am suggesting a modified version according to -lvABC to be dropped into a calling VI. 

Reimar Spohr
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,502 Views)