LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading time from an internal clock

Hi,

I have an analog pressure sensor that is capable of reading data at a frequency of 1K Hz.  I would like to collect the pressure sensor data as a function of time at the frequency of 1K Hz (the maximum frequency for the pressure sensor).  I would then like to read the pressure vs. time data in a spreadsheet.

I have been able to record the pressure vs time however the maximum frequency I am able to obtain has been ~60 Hz using the DAQ assistant(run continuously) while using the elapsed timer.  I believe the DAQ assistant is running correctly, but the elapsed timer is not quick enough. 

I am using a PCI-6280 DAQ board, I believe I would like to use the internal clock on this DAQ board as the timer to collect this data.  I have had no luck thus far, any ideas on how to do this?

I have attached my VI for reference.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,122 Views)

HI,

Please find attached Sanpshot, this will log the analog pressure sensor data with time (save to .xls file)

Hope this helps

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,109 Views)

Thanks for your help, but I do not appear to be setting up the cluster correctly.  Could you give me some advice on how to do that, or possible attach the vi, I am using Labview 7.0, but can use 8.0 is necessary.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,080 Views)
It's a waveform data type. Delete the cluster you created and right click on the shift register and select 'Create Constant'.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,068 Views)

I have have tried the suggestions, but I am still not reaching my initial goal of reading pressure vs time at a frequency of 1 KHz and exporting this to a spreadsheet.  I would like to have a spreadsheet that has time values at 1 KHz, so 0.001, 0.002, 0.003, etc with the corresponding pressure values, how would I record time in this manner?

Thanks for your help thus far!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,064 Views)
You are doing single sample mode. Set your scan rate for 1000 Samples/sec and request 1000 samples.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,061 Views)