Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading the number from a certain column in an running .CSV file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi GerdW,

Thank you so much for the reply.

Yes, I have connected the excitation pins for the power supply,  I am using this pressure output in the form of voltage which is 0-10V and I found that is in the negative output.

I guess in my test there is a negative pressure acting upon my pressure sensor.

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 80
(835 Views)

Hi Shannara,

@Shannara wrote:

Yes, I have connected the excitation pins for the power supply,  I am using this pressure output in the form of voltage which is 0-10V and I found that is in the negative output.

I guess in my test there is a negative pressure acting upon my pressure sensor.

This sensor outputs "industrial standard" signals, either 4-20mA or 0-10V. Such devices usually cannot output "negative voltages" (or current signals outside the 3.7-20.4mA range)!

When the sensor outputs a negative voltage signal then something is wrong.

(Which voltage level are we actually talking about? Is it -0.05V or -3V?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 80
(832 Views)

The maximum value I found was -0.4 V.

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 80
(830 Views)

I am using 4 pressure sensor for my measurement with the power supply in the form of constant voltage mode. I have given the supply voltage which is 24V and Currrent it automatically takes which is 30mA, which is not in the range of 20.7mA. 

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 80
(829 Views)

Hi Shannara,

@Shannara wrote:

I have given the supply voltage which is 24V and Currrent it automatically takes which is 30mA, which is not in the range of 20.7mA. 

You are mixing (so I guess) the power supply (24V with a small current of ~30mA to supply 4 sensors) with the usual signal range of a current output signal of nominally 4-20mA.

Don't mix those two datasheet numbers, they aren't related…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 80
(824 Views)

In that case, I need 4 Individual power supplier for 4 pressure sensors. is it right?

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 80
(824 Views)

Hi Shannara,

@Shannara wrote:

In that case, I need 4 Individual power supplier for 4 pressure sensors. is it right?

No, that's not right!

Do you have any experience in electrical engineering? Did you have any basic lessons in basics of electric circuits and learned about Ohm's law and Kirchhoff rules?

Is there any electrician, electrical engineer, or anybody else with experience in electrical measurement to help and guide you when setting up these sensors?

If nothing applies: read a book on electrics!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 80
(820 Views)

Hello,

would someone like to help me ?

I think i have the same solution of reading and writing to excel format like you but it is not writing anything into the spreadsheet. No error warnings or anything else.

Thanks for help. 

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 80
(762 Views)

We can't because you didn't include the subVI's that actually do the work of reading from and writing to the file.

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 80
(759 Views)

Here it is. Those are the VIs which were posted together with the solution in this thread.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 80
(746 Views)