cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading the number from a certain column in an running .CSV file

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear RTSLVU,

I am using Agilent 34972a with 3 multiplexer cards which are 34901a. I am measuring 2 different types of measurements. 

Measurement 1: 

I am using only 10 channels for days of measurements and there I don't have any problem.

Measurement 2:

I am using 50 channels here for the measurements and here I am always having a problem which is visa timeout operation before completion and it stops my data acquisition after 10 hours or 15 hours. I have to acquire the data for days of measurements.

can anyone tell me, how to solve this problem?Unbenannt.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 80
(834 Views)

What interface are you using on the 34972A? USB or Ethernet?

I have found the USB interface to be flaky on the 34972A units and recommend using the Ethernet (LXI) interface exclusively.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 80
(822 Views)

I am using the USB Interface?

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 80
(808 Views)

@Shannara wrote:

I am using the USB Interface?

As I said I have had random timeout error problems using the USB interface.

Try using the Ethernet interface.

========================
========================
Message 64 of 80
(799 Views)

If I use Ethernet Interface, Do I have to change code?

How can I integrate an Ethernet connection, Do I need to have an Ethernet hub?

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 80
(788 Views)

Well if your program is written correctly, such as having the end user search for and/or select the instrument at startup or if it's missing then you shouldn't have to change anything.

But if your VISA Resources are hard codded then yes, you will have to change some code.

Hub or no hub depends on your setup. If your computer has to be connected to a local network then you will need a hub and it complicates everything.

But if you just need to connect the computer to the instrument you will not need a hub, but you will need to set a static IP address on both devices. 

1. The addresses you chose are not important but must be:
    1. In one of the non-routable sub nets 192.168.xxx.xxx is the most common
    2. The first three octets must be the same 192.168.0.x
    3. The last octet must be different for each device connected and between 1 and 254
  2. Set your computer to use IP address 192.168.0.10 
  3. Set the data logger to use IP address 192.168.0.12
  4. Subnet mask if it is not filled out automatically should be 255.255.255.0
  5. Don't worry about DNS server or Gateway addresses

After you set that up you will have to open up NI-MAX and create a new VISA Resource, Alias, etc. for the data logger on Ethernet (New Network device) Just follow the prompts it's pretty self-explanatory.

Once you have the new VISA Resource created you will have to change any VISA resources in your coed that are hard coded to use the USB port to use the new VISA Resource you created.

========================
========================
Message 66 of 80
(779 Views)

Hey RTSLVU,

I am using a PXM359-3.5G10V pressure transducer, it gives me the voltage output 0-10V for 0-3.5bar, it is for measuring the internal pressure of a cell, while charging my battery it is giving me the positive excitation signal, and while discharging it is giving me the negative excitation voltage signal.

May I know why the polarity is changing here?

0 Kudos
Message 67 of 80
(764 Views)

Sorry, I have never used that type of sensor.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 80
(755 Views)

Hi Shannara,

@Shannara wrote:

I am using a PXM359-3.5G10V pressure transducer, it gives me the voltage output 0-10V for 0-3.5bar, it is for measuring the internal pressure of a cell, while charging my battery it is giving me the positive excitation signal, and while discharging it is giving me the negative excitation voltage signal.

May I know why the polarity is changing here?

Have you read the datasheet?

Those "excitation" pins are used for power supply of the sensor for this 0-10V output model.

You need to supply 15-30V on those pins/wires - without changing polarity!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 69 of 80
(742 Views)

Hi RTSLVU,

No problem, thank you so much for the answer.

0 Kudos
Message 70 of 80
(734 Views)