cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading the number from a certain column in an running .CSV file

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a question that,

when I use EZ.vi which come with the agilent. when I use it for 60 channel measurements, it is always giving me the error number 410.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 80
(1,024 Views)

Using the EZ vi's is going to be slower because it has to configure every single channel every single time before it takers the measurement.

The fastest way is to

1. Configure all the channel's mode, range, etc
  2. Configure a scan
  3. Trigger a scan when you want to take measurements
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 80
(1,017 Views)

How can I trade-off in between Accuracy and Speed?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 80
(1,011 Views)

If you reduce the accuracy you will increase the measurement speed. 

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 80
(994 Views)

Thank you for the answer.

one more question.

Have you ever used the Agilent 34972a for 60 channel (Voltage) measurements? how much time will it take as usual?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 80
(991 Views)

I have and it varies as you see...Remember the 3497xA is NOT a high speed DAQ.

I don't think you are going to ever reach 60 channels per second measuring AC voltages.

Maybe if it was 60 thermocouples you might get there.

Most of my applications for this device have a scan interval of at least 10 seconds and the time it takes to scan is irrelevant.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 80
(986 Views)

Do you have any vi, for a reference I am asking? if you have will it be possible to share it?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 80
(982 Views)

Hi RTSLVU,

I have a question?

Is it possible to make a vi, that can be able to run three Individual loops in one vi, Three loops for three different cards (first loop for 101:120, second loop for 201:220, third loop for 301:320 channels) which should be run parallel with only one Agilent device?

Will it be possible?

If it is possible, I can make measurements in less amount of time. 

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 80
(944 Views)

@Shannara wrote:

Hi RTSLVU,

I have a question?

Is it possible to make a vi, that can be able to run three Individual loops in one vi, Three loops for three different cards (first loop for 101:120, second loop for 201:220, third loop for 301:320 channels) which should be run parallel with only one Agilent device?

Will it be possible?

If it is possible, I can make measurements in less amount of time. 

Well sort of... If you do it the right way, that is initialize and set up all your channel modes, ranges, etc.

Then build three different scan lists 101:120 201:220 and 301:320

With some clever programming and careful timing you can scan these three lists independently in three different loops if you want. 

I would suggest a state machine model, that will lend itself to swapping scan lists and scanning different scan lists a different times better than trying to synchronize three different loops so they are not trying to access the instrument at the same time.

Overall scanning three smaller chunks is going to take slightly longer because you have the change the scan list between scans. Three "short scans" back to back is going to take longer than one long scan.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 80
(933 Views)

Hey RTSLVU,

Can you please guide me, how to save the data, from the acquired data from Agilent because I am having problems with data saving?

can you please help me....

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 80
(874 Views)