LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading pressure transducer

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using pressure transmitter PR3860 and I am using NI 9207 to read this transmitter, Ni max is reading this transmitter as a current signal, that is okay but in Lab view while adding a channel to DAQ, selecting the pressure bridge option, its not reading the device, and its saying no channel found, but in lab view if we select it as current source it reads the device. what should i do, shortly i can read my pressure transmitter in milli ampares but not able to read it in bars or pascals. Is NI 9207 is adequate to read the pressure transmitter?

Kindly help me with this

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,116 Views)

@hmumtaz wrote:

I am using pressure transmitter PR3860 and I am using NI 9207 to read this transmitter, Ni max is reading this transmitter as a current signal, that is okay but in Lab view while adding a channel to DAQ, selecting the pressure bridge option, its not reading the device, and its saying no channel found, but in lab view if we select it as current source it reads the device. what should i do, shortly i can read my pressure transmitter in milli ampares but not able to read it in bars or pascals. Is NI 9207 is adequate to read the pressure transmitter?

Kindly help me with this

I guess NI 9207 is Voltage and current input module, where you can convert the acquired Voltage/Current to equivalent pressure Value (Check datasheet/Specifications of NI 9207)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,113 Views)

Thank you for the response, so you are suggesting me to involve some methametics here, yes? My purpose of asking is that I could not get the direct measurements here?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,110 Views)

@hmumtaz wrote:

Thank you for the response, so you are suggesting me to involve some methametics here, yes? My purpose of asking is that I could not get the direct measurements here?

Thanks

Please check whether your NI Card Supports reading pressure values directly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,101 Views)

@hmumtaz wrote:

Kindly help me with this

The sensor isn't a bressure bridge (ok, internally it might be) the output is industrial standard current loop.

You can create a scale in MAX 4-20mA to your pressure range (or better calibration report )

now create a measurement task in MAX , analog input, current , and add the scale created. use this task.

(my actual system doesn't have the most recent software versions)

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,095 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hmumtaz

Based on the datasheet, PR3860 does not seem like a bridge-based pressure transducer. You simply supply 13-36 VDC and it will output a current of 4-20 mA. You should create a current input task instead of a pressure bridge task. (Only NI-923x supports bridge measurement.) Then you use NI-DAQmx Custom Scales

to convert from 4-20mA to the pressure ranges of your transducer.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,088 Views)

Thank you for the response, It helped me a lot and I solved the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,014 Views)