LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading multiple TDMS file

During measurments, i acquire multiple tdms file in sequence. After measurments i need to show acquired data in same wawechart. With combobox i choose which measurment (tdms file) i woud like to show. But this is not working.

Where is problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,713 Views)

Hi djpiky,

i need to show acquired data in same wawechart

The problem is you are using a graph instead of a chart!

To display "more" data on a graph you need to collect your data in your own buffer…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,700 Views)

Seems to work fine for me - although I had to change the paths to make them suitable for my tdms location.

Is the problem that they won't display together?

If so, you need to use something like an array of checkboxes or a listbox instead of the Combo Box. The Combo Box just holds one value at a time, and so you're loading one set of data then displaying it.

If you want to select multiple sets of data, then load all of them at plot them over each other, you'll need to first get the selection of paths you want to load from (using for example, an array of Checkboxes), then iterate over that array of paths using an auto-indexed loop, and then wire the loaded data out of the loop into your indicator (which should be outside of the loop).

If you want to change the selections, use an Event Structure inside a While loop to monitor for changes to the checkboxes.

Edit: A potentially simpler solution is to load only one data set at a time, as you're doing now, but use a shift register and a Build Array primitive function to hold previous data sets. This will behave something like MATLAB's 'hold on' command.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,698 Views)