LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading and parsing a network variable

Solved!
Go to solution

I am in need for ideas on how to read binary data written on a network resident text file from a windows program,not LabVIEW.

I need to read this data with a LV Vi say every 5 seconds and based on the value parse pass/fail result and data logging.

I also need to clear that binary data once read, for new data to be written by the windows program and so that LV "read" vi can get new data.

Any help truly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,712 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WDLV

I think u can make while loop with update control for timing, so reading in every 5 sec is not a problem but i suppose u need better synchronisation with both program execution plus network watchdog for monitoring network connection too. u can try to publish or share  boolean variable controls with proper extension which ur windows platform and labview can understand, to command for ready and wait conditions plus to indicate ur network connection, so that ur program run smoothly without geting hanged.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,698 Views)
yes correct, what "proper" extension are you speaking about? Also, a shared variable would not work , would it? I think that can only be used between LabView Vis.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,678 Views)
I had tried to put focus on the communication between your both program for better synchronisation.  I think using .Net with LabVIEW can give that feature to us through which we can make logic of communicating b/w both program, to keep one software waiting till second is not finished with the update reqd in first.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,669 Views)
I understand your emphasis on synchronization and I agree with it, I am not sure .NET can do it though , I have not used it before
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,665 Views)