LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading a spreadsheet file with the Read assistant - File Close Issue

I'm using the assistant to read a comma delimited spreadsheet file but it won't close the file when it is done, unless I close/stop the VI.  If I don't use the assistant the file closes fine.  I need to do this in order to open the file (not as read-only)  for other programs while the VI is running.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,881 Views)

Sorry, I am unclear what you mean by "assitant". Are you talking about the express VI?

In any case, reading a comma delimited file is pretty simple, just use the plain file I/O finctions and set the access options as desired.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,869 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, the assistant.  I'm just learning so I'm not sure how to easily use the read from spreadsheet file to create a waveform (first column is time, no headers).  The options with the assistant were perect for this.  Can I change this to the file read command without too much work?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,866 Views)

Sorry, meant yes the Express VI.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,863 Views)
can you attach a datafile with a few lines?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,857 Views)
Here is an .XLS file with 16 channels and one time column (first column is time).

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,853 Views)
Hello bsmyth,
       I recommend that you take a look at Reading Data from Excel File and Printing it on a Graph

Cheers,

NathanT
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,831 Views)