From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading a DAQ board from several VIs

Hi!

I have a 6071E DAQ board. For design considerations, I'd like to perform buffered DAQ reads from several VIs concurrently, while several VIs may read the same board channel (all at the same frequency). Eventually all VIs must get the same data, but they run independently. The number of VIs is defined in run-time, but it's known before the acquisition starts.

(How) Is it possible ?

Thank you,
Sergey.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,092 Views)
The only way to guarantee that all data clients get the same data is to have it measured in one place and have that acquisition engine "publish" that data using something like a cache VI. Multiple VIs can not read the same acquisition buffer at the same time. Remember, reading the buffer removes the data from it.

How fast are you needing to sample? How many channels? How many points are you reading at a time? What are you doing with the data? Does the acquisition need to be continuous?

This could be tricky, but it doesn't seem impossible.

Mike...
mporter@arielcorp.com

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,092 Views)
I'd look into having an acquisition VI that publishes the data using Datasocket. Only one VI at a time can directly access the hardware.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,092 Views)