LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading TDMS file and clearing history from wawechart

Good day,

when i take measurments, i make multiple TDMS files. Later, i use this files and show it in Wawechart. Before i read TDMS file, i clear Wawechart. But after i clear Wawechart the  X axe is going to 1:00AM 1.1.1904, and chart is not show anything. In TMDS file i have time column.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,363 Views)

Hi djpiky,

so there is something wrong in YOUR VI, but you don't want to show YOUR VI?

Solution to this problem: you need to debug on your own… 😉

after i clear Wawechart the  X axe is going to 1:00AM 1.1.1904,

Well, you certainly set the X scale to show absolute time - and for LabVIEW "absolute time" starts at 1.1.1904…

and chart is not show anything.

Isn't this the point of clearing the chart history? When there is nothing in the history then there is nothing to plot!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,353 Views)

Good day,

sorry i forgot to  attach the file.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,337 Views)

Good day,

please i really need your help. What is the easiest way to save data from DAQ in subVi (countinuous sample ), and then show it in main vi wawechart?  Proccess is periodical on every 20s. So i also need to clear chart before i show new values. I don't care if there is absolute or relative x-axe.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,294 Views)

Hi djpiky,

Is it necessary to save data in SubVI, while displaying them in another VI? I would suggest you to do it in one VI. It is more simple.

For clearing the chart and displaying values, you could use scope or sweep update mode of wavechart: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/29353B4D8E4CC95C86256B9F007D1AD2

Regards,

Pavel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,276 Views)