LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading PXI Hardware Properties

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use the System Configuration Palette VIs to read properties from my PXI chassis such as CurrTemp, Serial Number, Fans, etc....  When starting with a System Hardware Property Node, it changes (after wiring) to something else like System Session then the hardware properties are no longer available. 

Below is a screenshot at my attempt.  Instead of the System Session property node, circled in red, I want the System Hardware property node.  The Select Class option is greyed out when right clicking on this property node. The property output indicators will be read by TestStand.

Want System HardwareWant System Hardware

I am using Windows 7, LabVIEW 2017 SP1 f1, TestStand 2017.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,839 Views)

Hi,

If you create a control at the input terminals of both property nodes as shown below, you can see that the type of input they take in are different.

Capture.PNG

The article linked below describes what the different colors / thickness of the wires above indicate. 

Meaning of Different Wire Colors in LabVIEW

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LsVSAU

Best,

Misbah

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,804 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cct3

The find hardware VI is returning an array of hardware references, use those to get the system hardware properties - iterate over the array in a loop and use the properties to filter out which hardware reference is the one you want.

You most likely need to wire the output of the system filter into the find hardware VI as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,801 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cct3

Yes, I needed to iterate over a for loop.  That also clears up the type mismatch.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,789 Views)