LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading More no.of files from Server by Internet

Hello all,

I need small information please help me.

Currently I’m reading bunch of files by using “Recursive.VI” and it’s working fine.

Now I want to know, if I want to read same files from Server through internet then how effects this VI. 

Please let me know if there is any other possible solution to read the files from Server through Internet.

For your information, I want to read almost 2000 files.

Best Regards,

Guru

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,287 Views)

Can you access these files from Windows Explorer?

You might be able to just supply the location to the List Files Recursive VI and it will find them using normal Windows file protocol.  It is like if you used a network drive.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,263 Views)

Dear Crossrulz,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I want to read Files from Network Server through Network(LAN). May be Recursive file VI will work just like Reading from Hard disc but haven't tried  this. Still I don’t have network access to my LabVIEW Development PC. I will check this after getting Network access. But just I want to confirm whether my approach is correct/not.

BR,

Munna

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,256 Views)

To you, the network server is just a file location.  Windows takes care of all of the TCP/IP junk for you.  You just see a folder.  LabVIEW sees the same thing.  So yes, it should work.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,253 Views)

Yes. But may be it will takes more time for Reading this files (Depends On Network Speed).

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,248 Views)

Correct.  And there is much you can do about that.  It would be slower and take longer even if you weren't using LabVIEW.

You'll just have to try things out and see how it works for you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,246 Views)