From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Data From Agilent 34401

Solved!
Go to solution

The left column is the loop iteration number.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(2,193 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cnoyes23

Use the simple "Write to Spreadsheet" VIs. (They have a slightly different name in 2015). I have it set up for comma separated (.csv) but you can change the delimeter to whatever you want. This is a snippet so you can drag it onto the block diagram and play with the code.

Write to CSV.png

Message 12 of 22
(2,183 Views)

Thank you. This might be an overly simple question but what is a delimeter?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(2,177 Views)

Also would this structure still be valid if I'm trying to write multiple columns of data values for each loop iteration?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(2,170 Views)

Delimeter is what separates your data along a row.

Comma: Data1,Data2

Space: Data1 Data2

Tab: Data1     Data2

Yes, if you have another single data point for each loop you can expand the "build array" node and wire it in.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(2,164 Views)
For the pink box that says point, would you know what item that corresponds to? I'm looking for it but I can't find it.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(2,155 Views)

That's just a text header that I wrote to the file first. You can change the column, or expand the array horizontally, to change what text is written as a header.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(2,151 Views)
So does this write to excel or is this something I could also open in Notepad, for example (like the images I sent)?
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(2,142 Views)

You can open .csv or .txt files in notepad. If you ever do want to write to an excel file, make sure to use the report generation toolkit, not the write to spreadsheet functions.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(2,139 Views)

Thanks for your help. The data is now nicely written in columns. One final question. The numbers only go to three decimal places. Is there an easy way to extend that?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(2,087 Views)