LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Binary Files (*.sac)

I would like to convert the *.sac file to text file as given in the *.asc file. The closest I could go is to retrieve the HEX codes and some ASCII codes. It is a data file generated from the instrument software QUADSTAR32 bit by INFICON AG for Residual Gas Analysis.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,994 Views)

"Binary" means that you need to know the file structure down to the last byte and typically that means you need to either contact whoever wrote the software that created the file or find the documentation elsewhere.

What are the fields and offsets? Datatypes? Headers? Byte order? etc. etc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,962 Views)

no idea but thanks for shading some info I will try to find out 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,914 Views)

Hello,

I am facing the same issue.

Have you succeeded to read .sac file created by QUADSTAR?

Please let me know if so.

Kind regards,

Balazs

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,149 Views)

@LTBALAZS wrote:

Hello,

Kind regards,

Balazs

You are facing the same answer, as well.  You need to visit the manufacturer's website, and if they want you to be able to decode the file yourself, it will be in the manual.  Otherwise, you can Google what an .sac file is and get some ideas on how to decode it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,131 Views)

@billko wrote:

@LTBALAZS wrote:

Hello,

Kind regards,

Balazs

You are facing the same answer, as well.  You need to visit the manufacturer's website, and if they want you to be able to decode the file yourself, it will be in the manual.  Otherwise, you can Google what an .sac file is and get some ideas on how to decode it.

The key here is if they want you to be able to decode the file yourself. File formats are often proprietary.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,114 Views)